Blog

Blog

Friday, November 7, 2008

Standing

So yesterday I put Grant in his co-sleeper in our bedroom for a few minutes, because now that he can crawl, I can't leave him or he gets into everything . . . particularly he likes the fireplace! Anyways, so I knew (or thought) he was safe in the co-sleeper, and after I was done with what I needed to do, I came in our bedroom ready to get Grant, and there he was standing, holding on to the edge of the co-sleeper just looking at me! Which means we were forced to have him sleep in his crib, no longer was he safe to sleep in the co-sleeper. So Mike lowered the crib mattress, I went and got a monitor, and Grant slept in his own room for the first time during the night! I had been putting this off because he has been waking up multiple times at night now, so the thought of walking down the hall, multiple times a night when he cries was not exciting to me. It was just so convenient to have him right next to us in our bedroom. But last night went pretty well. It was nice not worrying about waking him up if we were talking or being loud. And it is nice our bedroom is ours again, we can take down the co-sleeper and have so much more room! So all in all it is best, it was just a little hard for me . . . I kept hearing weird noises in the monitor, and would have to go check on him just to make sure he was still breathing . . . or that he was still in his crib! :) But I'm sure it will continue to get easier!

Grant in his newly lowered crib!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wooohooo grant!! that is too funny they started standing the same day.. the wall behind his crib is too cute. its WONDERFUL when they start sleeping in there room! sad at first, but after awhile you will LOVE it! I know we did!