Grant and I, along with my sister Lauren went to my Grandparents (Grant's Great Grandparents) house to make Lefse! Lefse is a Norwegian flatbread that my sister and I make with our Grandma every year around Christmas time! It was lots of fun, I love baking with my Grandma! My family is very Norwegian, and Christmas time is what reminds me of our Norwegian heritage because of all the yummy Norwegian goodies. . . Lefse, Lutefisk, Krumkake . . . all reminds me of Christmas!
Great Grandpa watched Grant while the girls baked away! Grant was a lucky little guy, Great Grandpa let him crawl all over and explore, carried him around the house, and he turned on The Snowman for Grant, which is one of my favorite Christmas movies since I was a little girl! Every Christmas, my Grandparents would turn on The Snowman for us 7 grandchildren, and we would all be glued to the tv! So it was really cute watching Grant and Great Grandpa watch the same movie I loved growing up! It was a really fun day! We made tons of Lefse and had lots of fun visiting with my Grandma and Grandpa!

Lauren the expert Lefse flipper!

Grandpa and Grant watching The Snowman

Grant's first visit with Santa :)
1 comment:
Cool. That sounds so fun. My Grandparents have all those Norwegian foods at Christmastime too, but they live in MN, so we aren't usually with them for Christmas but we always make Lefse with Grama when they visit. Good Memories;) I love Grant, he is adorable. Can't wait until our little peanuts can play together. Miss you!
Post a Comment