Blog

Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sooo Many Milestones!!

So it has only been a couple weeks since I last blogged, but I feel like we have hit some big milestones for both the kids!

First of all Grant is now in a toddler bed! It started with Grant trying to climb into his crib, then he climbed out of my parent's crib they have set up for him at their house, then he climbed out of the pack and play, and now he has mastered climbing out of his own crib. We were going to transition him soon anyways, because Hannah will need the crib in a couple months, but his climbing skills pushed us to do it sooner! So far he has no problems sleeping in it at night, I just can't get him to nap in it! And now that he climbs out of his crib, naps are impossible. Today he went without a nap after about an hour and a half of me putting Grant in his bed or crib and Grant getting immediately out, no matter how many spankings he got.

Anyways..

Here is Grant's new bed!

He is so proud of his new big boy bed!


In Hannah milestones, she rolled over on the 17th from her back to her stomach!


The weather has been BEAUTIFUL, so we have been getting outside as much as possible! We have been playing in our yard for hours, walking Greenlake, and going to our favorite park! Last weekend we went to our favorite park with our friends the Veals!


Grant and Caiden are best buds!



Hannah and mommy at the park! For the first time out of a bunch of visits to this park, the train went by! Grant loved it!

And last but certainly not least, is Grant went poop on the potty today!! Grant kept saying piey, piey, piey. Mike figured out he was saying potty. So we put him on the toilet ... a minute or two went by ... and nothing ... so we said "Grant are you all done?" And Grant said "poo" ... and a minute later he went poop on the potty! We were so excited! Needless to say he got a sip of pop and a few chocolate chips as a treat! So ... we are going to start potty training! I will be going to Target and Babies R Us to get the supplies, I'm pretty excited!
Before this incident I certainly would have never thought about potty training now, I didn't want to create more work for myself than necessary, but I think he is ready, well hopefully! I feel hesitant to say any of this, because I could be totally wrong and everything that happened tonight could be a coincidence, but I am really, really hoping to only have one kid in diapers soon!!

1 comment:

The Heaviland Family said...

James was getting out of his bed no matter what we did so we finally turned the doorknob around so the lock is on the outside. As horrible as it sounds, we lock him in there and as soon as he wiggles the handle and knows it's locked, he goes back to bed!