Blog

Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Grant!!




As I am sitting down to write this post, I still am amazed I have a 2 year old! Mike and I made it 2 years of parenting. I know that is in no way a world record, but right now, it seems like a milestone. Grant is a toddler. I keep finding myself on the verge of tears, not that Grant growing up is a bad thing, but just that it truly is flying by. People are correct when they say it goes by fast. But seriously I love watching Grant grow and mature. He says new words everyday, can tell me what he wants, has opinions - likes and dislikes, and can understand more than he let's on! I love as his mom I get to see him experience everything.

Although I feel like we have been in the "terrible 2's" for about 6 months, it's official today! At 4:32pm Wednesday March 26th 2008 our beautiful baby boy was born. Grant is one of the most energetic, happy, strong willed (at times), loving, curious, and funniest boy I know!

You are such a sweet heart with your sister - like giving her toys or her binky. Wanting to hold her and showering her with kisses. Or telling strangers her name when they are gawking at you two!

I love how when you give kisses you make the sound affect also! "muah"

You love forts, playing outside, bath time, Racer (your stuffed horse) and your "nee" (blanky) - which you sleep with covering your face

You are just starting to put words together- first sentence was just a couple days ago and it was "Lo (Aunt Lauren) at home"

Your favorite movie right now is Toy Story, and when we see Buzz or Woody toys you get so excited

You love to play outside and gather rocks

You love boats

Those are just a few things I wanted to remember when I look back. I'm sure there is more that I will remember later, but these are the most obvious!

Grant you are truly a blessing. You make us laugh many times a day. We can't imagine life without you little man!

More pics to come of our eventful day!

1 comment:

The Heaviland Family said...

It's so bittersweet to see our kids grow up. It's been a joy to be a part of your lives from before Grant arrived on the scene until now. It's fun walking through the journey of parenthood with you!