Blog

Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

4th of July

We spent the 4th of July at my Grandparents cabin on Lummi Island! It was a last minute plan, but I'm so glad we went up there, it was a blast! We bought some "fireworks" - as in Pop -Its, sparklers, and those snake fireworks at Bargain Betty's - an all year round fireworks stand on your way to Lummi - her stand has been there for years - all through my childhood - so of course we had to buy our 4th of July treats there! The kids did great, Grant LOVED playing on the beach and he actually stayed up for the fireworks! The cabin is right on the water and overlooks Bellingham and the Indian reservation that you drive through to get to Lummi - so there were some AMAZING firework displays!! Now every time Grant hears a loud noise - he says "wo works" - translation, fireworks!


Daddy giving Grant some Pop It's

Throw!

He had soo much fun with the Pop It's!


On the beach

Grant was in Heaven with all those rocks!!

I asked Grant to smile and this is what I got!

The cabin - such a fun place!

Trying to get the kids to go to sleep, but I was unsuccessful - which turned out great cause Grant loved watching the fireworks!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

What a GREAT cabin right on the water! Love it, looks like a fun time!