Today my baby girl turns 1! I can't believe it, this year has flown by! I still remember a year ago like it was yesterday, it was one of the best and most scary days of my life.
I was lucky enough to get a full nights sleep the night before, knowing I was possibly going into labor, with regular, but fairly weak contractions. I woke up at 5 in the morning, feeling pretty rested, and started timing contractions - they were regular and getting stronger, so we called my parents to come watch Grant, they got here by 7am and Mike and I were checking into the hospital by 9. 9:30 I got my epidural and things were going smoothly! Labor progressed much faster than with Grant, and Mike and I felt like we knew what to expect, we were completely relaxed and anxious to meet our little girl. Our nurse was great, she actually attends Mars Hill Church as well. It was just such a reminder that God cares about details! Anyways, our nurse had been out of the room, and suddenly about 5 nurses and the doctor come rushing into the room and start unplugging all my monitors and start wheeling my bed. Mike and I had no clue what was going on, but they were moving fast. Hannah's heart rate had dropped from the 160's to about 60. Mike and I didn't know this at the time, and Mike and my mom were left in the delivery room while I was being taken to the OR on a different floor of the hospital. Both C-Section rooms in the birthing center were occupied, so the only option was to take me to the normal OR in the hospital, but no one was allowed to come with me, not even Mike. I was so scared. I didn't really know what was happening to my baby and I had anxiety about getting a c-section to begin with - let alone without my husband. We reached the OR in less than 2 minutes and they started prepping me for an emergency c-section. Mike at this point still had no idea what was going on, and he was stuck up in the delivery room. The doctor decided to internally monitor Hannah, and praise God her heart rate started to go back up. A nurse finally contacted Mike and told him what had been happening. We stayed in the OR for about 15 mins to make sure her heart rate was stable and we finally headed back upstairs.
I think about that day a year ago, and I feel so overwhelmingly blessed that everything worked out to be the best case scenario. Our daughter was ok, I didn't have to have a c-section, and Mike got to see Hannah being born. I feel like God pieced together every detail about that day, our nurse - who was praying for Hannah and I when we were in the OR together and the doctor I had who didn't just want to give me a c-section. It was an amazing day, and now I look at my 1 year old and feel so blessed to have this perfect little girl. She is wonderful - so happy, smiley, laid back, sweet ... the list goes on and on!
We love you Hannah!! Happy birthday pretty girl!
1 comment:
AHHH this post brought tears to my eyes!! I didn't know her birth story details. God was watching over you all!! xoxo
Post a Comment