Blog

Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Pilchuck Tree Farm Hike

The Saturday after Grant's birthday, we decided to go on a family hike up at Pilchuck Tree Farm. Mike and I used to hike there when we were dating, we thought it would be fun to take the kids! It was definitely a longer hike than I remember, but maybe that was because this time I was carrying a 15 lb baby in a front carrier with a backpack of all our stuff on my back, and Mike carried the 30 lb, wiggly toddler on his back! Oh, and the hike is pretty much all up hill! Fun times! But, now that it is all said and done, I'm so happy we did it, we had a fun time with the kids and reminiscing about our dating years!

On our way! And yes we bought a "leash" or "backpack" is what we tell Grant :)
And I am proud to say it is wonderful!

The view from the top ... this picture does not do the view justice

Grant and Daddy flying their kite

Playing in the art sculpture

Family photo - Recreating photo below - 2 kids and almost 4 years of marriage later! :)

Picture taken about 5 years ago!


Re-creating picture below again ...



Our littlest hiker ...

On the way down... we were exhausted! What a fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. love the leash. Lexi has one too and I think there wonderful. People who dislike only think about the "negatives" like there humans not dogs, but I'm all for them. It's for security. You know someones not going to grab him and I don't know about you guys but Alexis had this horrible habit of trying to run into the road. It makes me feel good knowing that she is right there with me. I know she cant go further than that will allow.

Shawna said...

I found your blog! Through Mandy's, lol! Love those recreated pics of you and your hubby, what a great idea!! Now come find my blog :)
See you at SS!